Being a Gamemaster for Elthos RPG allows you to create, manage, and store your own world online. This is made possible with the use of the Elthos RPG Tools Web Application named The Mythos Machine, which enables Gamemasters access to their RPG World from anywhere they have a web connection.
Here’s a list of what you can get when you sign up as a Gamemaster:
Elthos Core Rules Book
- The Elthos Core Rules Book is the best way to familiarize yourself with how the game system works. It is a highly distilled traditional style RPG utilizing by default a 1d6 system and a single Conflict Resolution chart.
Elthos RPG Mythos Machine
- This allows Gamemasters to work on their worlds from anywhere at any given time. The web application uses a standard browser such as Chrome and helps you to create and managing your own worlds. This makes your job as a Gamemaster easier, faster and more consistent. It is a highly flexible tool with which you can configure your world in a variety of ways to get the effect you’re looking for. The Mythos Machine has two major sections. The Gamemaster’s Toolbox, and the World Weaver Studio.
- It allows you to create all the things for your world that you need, including weapons, armors, races, classes, and so on. It also allows you to build your world’s places, campaigns and adventures, as well as allowing you and your players create and maintain Characters and NPCs. It is fully integrated with the Elthos RPG rules so it does all the number crunching for you. It’s a huge time saver!
World Weaver Studio
- Part of being a full-fledged Gamemaster is the ability to create your own worlds, and for Elthos RPG, the Mythos Machine’s World Weaver Studio is where you do it with style. Manage everything from classes, races, equipment, magic, and a whole range of other content. Here you can create everything your world needs.
- If you like, you can also share your creative work with other Gamemasters so they can add it to their own worlds. That said, you can also add their content to yours. Conversely, if you want to keep your creations private, you can do that, too.
- The World Weaver Studio is where you create Place, Campaigns, Adventures, and other things that players will interact with as they travel through your world. The Places are a hierarchical tree so that you can create, let’s say, a continent named “Thuel”, under which are Realms, such as “Ragnar” and “The Mountains of Zole”, under which, let’s say, you might create Regions, such as “The Province of Bolamere”, under which you might have cities, towns, and so on. It helps you to keep your world well organized. You can go down to places a small as a Speck if you like. In other words, your world can be as large and complex and detailed as you want it. And the best part is that it’s in a format that you can easily search later to find what you’re looking for.
- You can also attach Campaigns to Places. So you might have a campaign for the Realm of Ragnar called “The Invasion of the Wardlings”. This Campaign might be composed of any number of Adventures, such as “The Arrival of the Wardling Ambassador”, and so on.
- Once you start playing with your friends, you can use the Mythos Machine to record all of the events that occur in your games, and use to tally up and record all experience and treasure gains. Not only is it a great way to keep track of your world’s history, but it does the number crunching for you.
Manage Your Players
- You’ll have access to the list of players who have signed up for your world, manage their characters and communicate updates or changes directly to them.
- This fabulous feature will allow you to print out your world, create tracking sheets, combat matrixes, printable tokens for board-game style plan, and a lot more. Your players will also have a smaller subset of reports as well.
Gamemasters have complete freedom to create their own worlds of any genre they can imagine. If you are a creative person who wants to create and play your own Worlds, then sign up as a Gamemaster and get started right away! It’s huge fun!